Sunday, July 24, 2005

Work around the house...

Well, Nancy wanted me to mention that we've been doing some big things 'round here lately... mainly in the region of our basement.

Nancy contracted with a construction company to re-cement the basement of her 120 year old house. But that's not all: in doing so, they've lowered the floor eight inches (I no longer bang my head on the rafters) which gets us another 500 cubic feet of space. They've put in a french drain & sump-pump, sealed and re-cemented the walls, moved sinks & water-heaters, re-run plumbing lines, put in thinner furnace ducts, performed mold-abatement and have rebuilt the basement stairs.

All this in the space of less than 3 weeks.

The surprising thing to me was, I had no clue that this was about to occur until 2 days before it started...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home