Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Well, I decided to take Kyle's suggestion to heart...

... to try and run a "blog" style section of this board...

This may look a little clumsy at first, since I don't really know anything about modifying the css sheets for this board, but I'll get it figured out eventually. I thought of trying out the Moveable Type solution, but that will require maybe a whole new structure, and maybe even money... and being the cheapskate I am (about certain things) my philosophy is to try and make this work within the limitations of of the FREE BBS system.

I guess the appeal of this is that I can give "sections" of the board to people do with as they please - their own "column" or what-ever, maybe like a magazine or newspaper. Yeah! Freedom of speech! Power to the People! Stick it to the Man! Attica! Attica!

So anyway, under this "Bloh, Bloh, Blog" section, I have two columns set-up, one for myself, and one for Susan Laracy. Sue LIKES people from Philly (even if they no longer live here) so this is her virtual voice in the Delaware Valley.

So, what's the difference between a blog section and a discussion section on this board? Well, the blog area is oriented around one primary author, and people can respond within that section. The open discussions are free-for-alls right now. That could change...

Anyway maybe this board could stand a little restructuring because it's been rather dead here lately. Totally my fault - it IS my board!

1 Comments:

Blogger kenkramar said...

Well, to be honest, I sh*t-canned the idea of blogging in the phpBB discussion groups, so I've moved all my pertinent Bark vs. Bite posts to my kramarama blog. I'm also moving Sue's forum back to the Hang-out Spot section.

6:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home