Saturday, November 05, 2005

Almanac Market...

I'm wearing my Larry King hat again:

John Manhardt (former bassist for Trained Attack Dogs, Tri-State Kill Spree, former Mardi Gras float builder and ex-con) has gone into business with Joanne and Bob Aretz to open Almanac Market, on the corner of 4th and Poplar Streets in the Northern Liberties section of Philadelphia.

It's a nice little neighborhood spot in a good location, selling produce, cheeses, prepared foods, etc, with an organic bent where possible. They rehab'd the space themselves, built custom furniture and have done a really nice job with the place and have a nice selection of food. Today was their "soft opening".

So if you live down there or pass that way, you should stop in and get some groceries from your friendly neighborhood grocers.

By the way - I've noticed that Regis Philbin has replaced Larry King as the Welch's Grape Juice spokesman... I can put on a Larry King hat, but I don't know if I can put on a Regis hat... nothing personal Regis, I've just never seen you wear a hat, your hair's too nice.

4 Comments:

Blogger kenkramar said...

I found that Almanac Market has a website, so I added that link to their name in orange in the blog... but just in case you want to see it written out, it's:

http://www.almanacmarket.com

8:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is that the John Manhardt of PCA fame?
Wasn't he in a band called Pyrex Hill Family Club?
I thought he lived in San Francisco...

3:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

PHFC was Kyle's band. You and John were in Chant. Sorry Ken, I was having a senior moment.......

9:58 PM  
Blogger kenkramar said...

Yes, that is John of PCA fame! PHFC was indeed Kyle, Bhob Veel-e-yums & Rob Boyes. (But Kyle borrowed my Ibanez guitar for the band).

John did indeed move to CA, but lived in LA-LA-Land for a few years before moving to New Orleans, then back to Philly.

12:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home