Tuesday, July 17, 2007

I sort of feel obliged...

... to demonstrate I'm still alive. So, here you go.

By the way, I just turned 45 last week - a limpy greying geezer to some my friends, a veritable baby to others. Nancy, her sister Barbara, and our friends George and Zeb went out to Marigold Kitchen (at the corner of 45th & Larchwood) to celebrate - we had a good time and a dee-lish dinner. Marigold is the crew from the adventurous & short-lived Salt Restaurant (which we never got a chance to visit), so the food was very eclectic and tasty.

The other cool thing about Marigold Kitchen is that I used to live a few yards away on Larchwood Avenue. The address numbers that I drew on the front of my old house with Prismacolor pencils in 1987 are still there and as bright as ever. Being in the restaurant was nostalgic since I'd dined there back when it was a meatloaf and mashed potatoes place (yes - people tell the wait staff that all the time, with EXACTLY those words) - and it also had the same layout of my old house... those West Philly Victorians are really grand.

Anyway, a good time was had by all - I received brandy snifters and single malt scotch (Glenfiddich) as presents, so I made out well!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home